2011 Annual Manila Pride March (Dec 3, 2011)
Task Force Pride, a non-profit network of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders (LGBT) groups will organize the 17th Annual Pride March in Manila. The aim of the march is to gather different LGBT groups, allies and individuals in solidarity, as well as provide positive visibility to the community.
This year's theme, "Pride of the Orient", recalls the community's achievements with regard to advancing LGBT human rights, such as... organizing the first pride march in Asia in 1994 and the formation of Ladlad party list, the only LGBT-oriented party list in the world, and extensive HIV/AIDS Awareness campaigns nationwide .
"Pride of the Orient" calls on LGBT Filipinos to reclaim these milestones and look forward to more victories they've yet to achieve.
Dear LGBT groups/individuals and supporters,
We thank you for expressing your support for the 2011 LGBT Pride March.
To help you or your organizations gear up for the march, here is a check-list of reminders and things to do:
For Organizations who have registered on-line:
· You may use cars, pick-up trucks or jeepneys. But due to parking constraints, the use of vehicles bigger than a 6-wheeler truck is not allowed.
· Bring a banner to identify your organization.
· Prepare a chant to make our march fun and festive, but please remember to respect other groups' beliefs, identities and expressions.
· Prepare parade paraphernalia such as rainbow flags, pom-poms, placards and others to make our parade colorful and alive. The use of recyclable materials is highly encouraged. The use of confetti is strongly discouraged.
· Use of firecrackers or fireworks is not allowed.
· Do not bring, use or display firearms, explosive devices and other dangerous weapons.
· If there are children below the age of 18 years old joining your group, make sure that there are adults who are available and capable to ensure their safety and security.
· Please arrive early and approach the registration booth. Assembly time starts at 1:00 p.m. (1300 hrs.) at Remedios Circle and the parade will start at 4:00pm
For Individuals who have registered on-line:
• Please arrive early and approach the registration booth. Assembly time starts at 1:00 p.m. (1300 hrs.) at Remedios Circle and the parade will start at 4:00pm
• Bring your fanciest costume or a mask in case you are not yet out.
• Do not bring, use or display firearms, explosive devices and other dangerous weapons.
• You will march together with the wonderful Task Force Pride Philippines team.
• We discourage physical and verbal assault against our Anti-Gay Protestors.
• We remind the participants that the Pride March is a public event and there will be children who will be watching.
• The organizing committee shall be ensuring that there will be responsible media coverage during the event.
Map and Route of the Pride March
Attached with this email is the parade route.
1. Starting Point and Assembly Area will be at Remedios Circle
2. Remedios Street
3. Right to Roxas Blvd.
4. Right to Pedro Gil
Parade Route: Remedios Circle - Remedios Street - right to Roxas Blvd. - right to Pedro Gil - right to Jorge Bocobo - back to Remedios Circle - Orosa-Nakpil Streets
If you have further queries feel free to contact Raffy Aquino, Co-coordinator for Membership and Participation at email@example.com / 09163089903 (Globe), 09333049795 (Sun) or visitwww.taskforcepride.blogspot.com
See you at the parade!
Task Force Pride Philippines