Monday, May 28, 2007

Don We Now Our Gay Apparel - The Photoshoot

From Nathaniel*


You probably already know the story behind "Don We Now Our Gay Apparel" so I need not elaborate. If you don't, just do a Google or Yahoo search of "Gay Isagani Cruz" and you will know why this erstwhile cheerful line in a Christmas carol has now become a symbol of intolerance in our society.

While I fully appreciate Isagani Cruz's right to his own opinions, I also see that what he wrote only serves to promote more intolerance and disunity. Those are the last things we need today.

Instead of writing lengthily about the fallacy in Cruz's ideas, I will let my camera do the talking. I am calling for volunteer models -- gays are most welcome, but male and female will also do as long as you don't mind looking gay.

Here's what I have in mind. An outdoor location shoot featuring gay people in their gayest apparel. If you are interested in having your photo taken, do come up with a concept and let me know. If I like it, I will discuss it with you and see if we can make it work. The gayer the better! I will probably choose for or five.

The photos will scream GAY, precisely the thing Isagani Cruz doesn't want to see. But the message I hope to dliver is "SO WHAT? There are gay people in the world. Live with it."

You can email me at nathanielsalang at yahoo dot com

By the way, models will receive copies of their photos.

*Nathaniel is a photographer based in Paranaque, Philippines

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...